Monday, February 15, 2010

The Great Simplifier

My life was simplified, redirected and refocused in the matter of a few minutes. All of a sudden priorities became crystal clear. God, your family and loved ones, friends, relationships, it seems so simple yet not so, historically for me. Gone were worries of who was prettier, thinner, smarter. What job, what rung of the ole ladder I had gotten to, how much money am I making - just not an issue. How many years has it really been since I looked in the mirror first thing in the morning and not been trying to measure up to some type of standard? I have no idea, but if I am honest I would have to say I can never remember not doing this. Throughout life I have described this as drive and ambition and worn them like a badge. I think it has been all too easy for me to continually get caught up in that vortex. I got so used to spinning around in circles it seemed like the normal thing to do.

When I looked in the mirror this morning, all I saw was a woman who with God's help is a Cancer Survivor for today. I am in a daily war with cancer and that is now just the only battle I am willing to participate in. So, for those of you that may have been afraid to say something to me before......here is your "get out of jail free" card. No negative energy from me. God and I are focused and busy.

Now, since I am committed to true honesty here, I will admit that when I looked in the mirror today, I am still greatful for my hair so I guess God is not done with me yet,lol.

1 comment:

  1. You are encapsulated in God's love and healing, and forever in my prayers. Joni

    ReplyDelete